Thursday, November 8, 2012

Eight is Great!

Shared by Kim . . .

My first grandchild was baptized this past weekend.  In the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, the age of accountability is eight.  Jenna has been very excited, and when she and her mother were in town last month, we took some pictures on the Las Vegas Temple grounds.

I decided to start a baptism tradition for my grandchildren and make them a throw-size quilt as a reminder of the gift of the "Comforter" they will receive after they are baptized.  (P.S.  If you ever need a really great talk on this topic, I gave one. :)

The pieced design needed to be an easy one if I was to make one for every grandchild.  I'm not a fan of tied quilts anymore, but machine quilted ones just aren't soft and comfy enough.  I tied it with the nice DMC cotton perle floss for a less noticeable look.  

To such a sweet, sensitive, caring, talented, bright little girl . . . with love.

Print Friendly and PDFPrint Friendly

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations to your beautiful granddaughter! The quilt is a treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has been so fun to "watch" her grow up. She's beautiful. Maybe I'll meet her one day.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by ... Run both ways and hurry back!