Thursday, February 7, 2013

Everything Old is New Again

Shared by Dene. . .

My husband is so happy when he is working on a project (of his own choosing).  I always have a list of things I would like done, but many times they don't make HIS list.  If/when he works on my lists it will take a LOT of time:  redo bathroom, remodel kitchen, build new deck, etc., etc., etc. Even though he picks and chooses his own projects, nine times out of ten I am the lucky beneficiary of his hard work.  Here is the latest:


A couple of years ago in Seattle we had seen an old lumber cart that had been fixed up.  So my husband has been on the look-out for one ever since.  To his delight he found one and got it for FREE.  Someone was happy to get rid of it.  As they say, "One man's trash is another man's treasure." 


We are not really coffee table people, but I'm getting used to this baby.  My husband cleaned up the cast iron wheels and hardware.  The wood was all rotten so he had to make a new top and sides.  All of this wood is from trees that came up in a friend's yard after one of our hurricanes years ago.  Then he screwed on the wheels and other hardware.  It is so beautiful.  Can't wait for you to see it.
Print Friendly and PDFPrint Friendly

5 comments:

  1. I love it! I also find a home so much more fascinating when it is filled with lots of personal items with a story. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not much matches in our house, but it all certainly tells a story. It's a story of where we've been, and in a way, where we're going. By that I mean, the kids are already calling "dibs" on some things. Told them we would be enjoying our stuff for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's beautiful, Dene! I'm with you, I love when things tell a story. I can't wait to hear some more of yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the table. How original!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Julie, you should come see it.
    Cindy, it is original and unique. I've seen some in magazines and on the DIY channel, but none are as pretty as this one.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by ... Run both ways and hurry back!